WW2 British Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 British Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife

I picked this one few weeks ago. It is missing a scabbard, but still in nice condition. On the crossguard it is marked "England", which I know it was done for the export postwar. The other side is marked with British "broad arrow" and B2. That I was not sure what it is. So any help would be appreciated.

thank you
    regards RD
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I tried my best with this pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

Broad Arrow-War Department/Government Acceptance Stamp. B2- Inspector Stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by seebee1 View Post
          Broad Arrow-War Department/Government Acceptance Stamp. B2- Inspector Stamp.
          So it is good then, I am glad. So which variation is it? Thank you

Comment

It's an early second model. Nice find.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Robinson View Post
              It's an early second model. Nice find.

Brian
              Thank you Brian.

Comment

this is the third type of 2nd pattern (so not early but late 2nd pattern ) made by wilkinson sword and exported to the us after the war to pay off war loans thats why it has the england export stamp

Comment

Nice find, and still in a very good condition. Let's hope you'll manage to find a matching scabbard one of these days.

Originally posted by nickn View Post
                  this is the third type of 2nd pattern (so not early but late 2nd pattern ) made by wilkinson sword and exported to the us after the war to pay off war loans thats why it has the england export stamp
                  B2s were actually manufactured by BSA, not Wilkinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
                    Nice find, and still in a very good condition. Let's hope you'll manage to find a matching scabbard one of these days.

B2s were actually manufactured by BSA, not Wilkinson.
                    thank you. This is not something that I collect, but I did not want to pass on it.
                    So probably I will put it for sale.

Comment

Well, I don't collect these either, but I wouldn't part with mine easilly. I even managed to get back very recently another one I sold several years back : only a modern (and modest) issue of a 3rd pattern dagger by Rodgers ; but I originally bought it new in 1989, and realised I was still attached to it.

But it's your choice of course. Be aware anyway that the total loss of its original finish (blade and crossguard blueing, black finish of the handle), as well as the "England" mark will have an impact on its desirability and price.

Comment

While not in bad condition, it's not really in the condition that is considered to be most desirable by collectors. Originally the entire knife would have been chemically blackened and there is a bit of pitting on the blade. Still, someone will be happy to have it.

Comment

Thank you guys. If somebody can help with a value I would appreciate that. You can send me a PM. I did my research and I saw what they sell for. Some in better condition some in worse, but still I would like to sell it on WAF if possible, so I would like to go of the price that it goes between collectors.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X