Denison Smock - Age and Nationallity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denison Smock - Age and Nationallity?

Having a bit of a sort-out and found this Denison Smock. It has no labels, there is the name under the left front top pocket. The snaps are brass Newey, the Epaulettes each have a single plastic-type button fastener and the neck has three removable plastic-type buttons and the cuff's each have three Plastic buttons as well. It is in reasonable shape, a bit faded and with four small field repairs. Is it post-WW2 and is it Belgian or British? Many thanks.
    Attached Files

Images 3 & 4
    Attached Files

Comment

Images 5 & 6 - Final
      Attached Files

Comment

Postwar Belgian copy of the second pattern smock for wich they used britishmade neweys. They look the real deal when the colors fade,but if the colors are strong the difference in camo to the british denison is obvious.Also note the brown belgian made bd buttons.

Johan

Comment

smock

hello seebee1

have you stolen my smock ......only jokeing as ive got one exactly the same as yours ..its a carbon copy of yours . i found mine in an old junkshop. iff i can find it in my collection ill post you some pictures of it .. some one told me it was a post war belgian- dutch one but i am not sure as it has all the traits of a wartime smock . bar the buttons instead of a zip...

regards paul.........

Comment

Originally posted by no 1 pts school View Post
            hello seebee1

have you stolen my smock ......only jokeing as ive got one exactly the same as yours ..its a carbon copy of yours . i found mine in an old junkshop. iff i can find it in my collection ill post you some pictures of it .. some one told me it was a post war belgian- dutch one but i am not sure as it has all the traits of a wartime smock . bar the buttons instead of a zip...

regards paul.........
            That someone was right, still they are nice for what they are.

Comment

smock

hello jelle.

thank you for that info i was not sure if it was wartime or postwar .

still its a decent looking smock . many thanks

best regards paul.........

Comment

Much appreciate the advice Jelle and your comments Paul. Had a feeling it may be Belgian. Soon to appear on a well known auction site. Kind regards, Clive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X