WW2 Dress regulations (UK) question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 Dress regulations (UK) question

Does anyone have the WW2 Dress reg's with regards to mounting insignia on Battle dress?

I have a BD with the Sgts Rank mounted quite low, and have seen photos, as well as other BD with the same. However, what was the standard? Anyone who has been in a Commonwealth Army will know that there are standards and no Sgt would go around with his Rank mounted on his elbow. Not to say it did not happen, and I have had a vet comment on my BD and say it was all ok, and I explained exactly what i wanted to know regards to how the rank was mounted. It seems most BD have the Rank mounted and then the badges are a bit bunched together looking, although they had alot of flashy insignia and div badges then. I guess the main reason is did somebody with no Military background mount insignia "thinking" they know what they are doing on mine and I have not been told. I have yet to see it in person and don't doubt the vet!

Anyone have more to offer?

Regards

Pete

Regulations for the Clothing of the Army 1936.
    The point of the 1-bar chevron will be 9 inches, of the 2-bar 9½ inches and of the 3-bar 10½ inches from the top of the sleeve.

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X