Caen area photographs and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caen area photographs and others

This weekend i managed to pick up over 90 large size photographs from what appears to be the break thru of Caen and into the surrounding area, some then follow the journey up into Holland, from what i can gather a lot are battles fought by Welsh mobs during this time. I have now seen some of these printed on anothe website and im wondering who might have taken them, they appear to have been taken at least a couple of months after the events. All are printed on Agfa paper and also marked Fucht, Dusseldorf. All have the names of the places in fountain pen on the back , this looks wartime noted. Some name are, Granville village, Pierrefitte,Le bon reros x roads,Malot, Evrecy and loads more. All comments welcome. Pete,
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

great fotos thanks for sharing them ! LOOK at the camo on that halftrak , anybody on the forum got a better picture ??

Comment

What a super find and great piece of history, wonderful photography.

Can we have more please if you've got time.

Comment

great find, now you'll have to go on holiday over there and see if you can find those places, would be interested to see more if you get chance

thanks

Comment

Judging from some of the places you name I think it is from all over France.

Granville is way over on the Jersey shore. Perhaps who ever was taking the shots where following along the highway from there to Caen and along into Belgium??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X