British WW2 pith helmet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British WW2 pith helmet question

A guy I know has a shop and got in a period British pith helmet. This one though had a red (but VERY faded) cloth around the brim as opposed to the usual khaki one I've always seen. Would that be a unit designation? I've owned a couple and seen a lot of them but never seen one with red.

Thanks

Dennis

Various regiments and corps used colours, but usually one or more stripes within or at the top of the khaki puggaree. Not at all expert on the strip patterns but if you post this query to the Gentlemen's Military Interest Club, there are at least 2 members there who have published books on helmets and headdress and will know for sure if it means anything. A photo is always a help too.

Peter

Comment

The closest I can think of is the Royal Northumberland Fusiliers wore a Red pagri on top of a Khaki pagri. As Peter mentioned, a picture might help.

Jerry B.

Comment

Canadian Corps of Guides?

Comment

Canadian Corps of Guides?

Comment

Thank you all -- unfortunatly the guy wh0 has this is a shop owner is kind of "out there." He gets stuff in dirt cheap (I doubt if he paid more that $5 for this). I told him it was British but he said the red on the hat meant it was captured by the Germans and used in Africa -- he makes this stuff up as he goes and he has it priced at $500. Too bas as this one looks like a well used period piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X