Big collection medals and insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big collection medals and insignia

This Big collection medals and insignia were just presented to me. Not being a Bitish collector I have no idea what I am dealing with. Can anyone see if there are any rare, valuable or pieces of special interest. I can then take pictures of those. Many thanx Jacques
    Attached Files

can you take a pic of the medals and tell us if any are named and the details on the rims?there looks like 1 or 2 interesting medals there!but i think there minitures judging by the size of the cap badges!

Comment

Firstly, the medals appear to be miniatures to me, rather than full size. They include the 1914 Star, British War Medal, and Victory Medal( I think.) Also, a DSO ( Distingushed Service Order) and Military Cross.
      As to the cap badges, there are a couple of South African, unknown to me, a New Zealand GS, and the following British regiments & corps:

Royal Artillery
      Royal Signals
      Royal Army Medical Corps
      Royal Engineers
      Royal Army Service Corps
      Royal Tank Regt.
      Buffs ( East Kent Regt.)
      Rifle Brigade
      Highland Light Infantry
      Suffolk Rgt.
      Scottish Rifles
      Hampshire Regt.
      King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
      General Service Corps ( officer's)
      Royal Air Force other ranks
      Royal Navy petty offr.

If authentic, the WWI miniatures are quite common, and inexpensive; the DSO and MC worth more. I have no idea as to value for the South African cap badges. None of the British cap badges are especially rare or valuable. As long as they are not restrikes, I would estimate $ 10 to $20, or so.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Thanx Bob, I appreciate the info, the medals are miniatures. Not much I can do with them. Jacques

Comment

Jacques,
          If the DSO & MC are authentic, they are certainly worth something. I will try to find a value for you.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Jacques,
            I just made a quick check on Dixon's Medals website; one of the best medal dealers in the business, IMHO.
            He has listed a miniature DSO for 125 pounds, and two MC's, at 30 & 35 pounds. Can't say you would get that price of course, condition and era are important, determined by the sovereign's crown on the medal. Plenty of DSO's & MC's with a King's Crown, far fewer with a Queen's crown, thus more valuable.
            If the DSO has a Victoria crown, it would be much more valuable.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

You missed the Distinguished Conduct Medal, top left corner first image.

Marc

Comment

id sell the minis on ebay as they seem to go for alot now a days!

Comment

Here are some detailed pics of the medals for further comment.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post5667569

Comment

The cap badges go for between £5-15 and nothing there looks rare or valuable, though better detail pics of them front and back might make a difference, the Scottish ones in particular might hide a gem. The buttons go for between £0.50-£1 or £2 each, again depends on the regiment, corps ones bottom end of that price range.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X