No announcement yet.

British 40 MM Shell 1943 dated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very interesting Marc, a Free from Explosive Certificate, I did not know that was required and this example did not come with one. Is this a requirement with all shells and rounds? You often see such things at the various Arms Fairs and do not recall ever seeing a Certificate. This one is certainly FFE, but where do you get a Certificate from? Regards, Clive.

Comment

Sorry if I have confused things, an FFE cert is a requirement for all ordnance items in Museum collections. I assumed that it was also a requirement for anyone selling such items to prove that they are safe and FFE, along the lines of deactivated weapons. All the ordnance items I have in my collection have an FFE cert, but, I had access to a qualified person.

Marc

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Marc. I bought this shell over 30 years ago and quite probably there have been changes since then. I can understand the reasoning behind a Certificate, as you mentioned. I do have some weaponry and inert rounds in a couple of Museums, although they have copies of deactivation certificates, neither of them have mentioned or questioned the inert rounds with them, or need for an FFE certificate. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X