Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth Badge ,french ???? Help Please

HIYA ,
    This badge came in a collection of british formation signs but i can find it in any of my books , one sugestion is its a post war French unit any help , comments most welcome ,regards ,Michael.
    Attached Files

Filipino? Korean? American? US unit in Korea or China or Philipines? I think I'd go US on this one, tentatively. Is there a country I've missed out?

Comment

That's a Philippino patch. As for what precisely?

Comment

ref : YOUR LAST COMS

Hiya Tony ,
        sorry fo me ignorance is the basic design ( gold star ) a standard philippines design ? thanks again ,Michael.
        Originally posted by Tony Farrell
        That's a Philippineso patch. As for what precisely?

Comment

It appears to be a variation of the basic flag design. I have seen one of these - or something very like it before, and the consensus was that the item in question was Phillipino.
          Attached Files

Comment

flags ,n bags

Hello Tony ,
            thanks for all your help ,
            as you are a medal man , do you use SPEEDBID ?? have you ever dealt with a dealer called ANDY JUKES he had a shop in Wakefield ( west yorks )
            best wishes ,Michael.
            Originally posted by Tony Farrell
            It appears to be a variation of the basic flag design. I have seen one of these - or something very like it before, and the consensus was that the item in question was Phillipino.

Comment

Hi Michael, although I am not a medal man either, Lez and I have used Speedbid with some sucess I have not heard of the dealer you mention.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

The flag design that Tony posted is produced as an embroidered design & worn on the left shoulder (I worked a little while ago with a Special Action Force man & had dealings with a chopper pilot who wore both wore this badge.).I've got a couple of them somewhere, about the same dimensions as the ilustration posted.

Comment

Originally posted by SHEARING-CROSS
                  HIYA ,
                  This badge came in a collection of british formation signs but i can find it in any of my books , one sugestion is its a post war French unit any help , comments most welcome ,regards ,Michael.
                  Michael,
                  It is Dutch, Staff of the First Army Corps. Garth

Comment

Bugger, about the only nationality I discounted.

Comment

Yes it is dutch

Comment

Well bugger! I'd definitely have lost money on that one. It wouldn't be the elite Philippino/Dutch brigade perchance?

Mike, I've never heard of Andy Jukes, and I suspect he's never heard of me. I also have never used Speedbid as I simply do not trust these sort of set ups... yet. I may have no choice but to in the future. It must be said though that Speedbid is far superior to eBan when it comes to items of interest. The former has had some interesting stuff up for grabs, whilst the latter seems to be nothing more than a shop window for minatures and copies - usually pedalled by the same bloke.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X