a few more BRIT PARA PHOTOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few more BRIT PARA PHOTOS

sgt JOSEPH WINDLE , former member of the GLIDER PILOT REGT landed at Arnhem and made P.O.W this photo ,( SORRY BUT ITS A COPY OF A COPY ) taken in Palestine shows him as a cpl in a Airborne signals unit, `smart as a carrot ` just about to go out on the beer , visible in the copy i have is the following insignia ROYAL SIGNALS cap badge , G.P.R pilots qualification wings ,medal bar , ROYAL SIGNALS cloth shoulder tilte , PARCHUTE wing , ,PEGASUS formation sign , SIGNALS trade patch and white blancoed cpls chevrons ..........all in all a bloody nice BD to have in ya collection ( nope i have not got it ).
    JOSEPH WINDLE was a pre war territorial in the DUKE OF WELLINGTONS regt , he was evacuated from DUNKIRK , and also landed a glider on the D.DAY operation .
    Attached Files

Indian Para Units

Heres one for jack as i know he likes wings .....
    all i can tell you about this guy is hes B.COY 16 PARA ,BEST WISHES MICHAEL.
    Originally posted by SHEARING-CROSS
    sgt JOSEPH WINDLE , former member of the GLIDER PILOT REGT landed at Arnhem and made P.O.W this photo ,( SORRY BUT ITS A COPY OF A COPY ) taken in Palestine shows him as a cpl in a Airborne signals unit, `smart as a carrot ` just about to go out on the beer , visible in the copy i have is the following insignia ROYAL SIGNALS cap badge , G.P.R pilots qualification wings ,medal bar , ROYAL SIGNALS cloth shoulder tilte , PARCHUTE wing , ,PEGASUS formation sign , SIGNALS trade patch and white blancoed cpls chevrons ..........all in all a bloody nice BD to have in ya collection ( nope i have not got it ).
    JOSEPH WINDLE was a pre war territorial in the DUKE OF WELLINGTONS regt , he was evacuated from DUNKIRK , and also landed a glider on the D.DAY operation .
    Attached Files

Comment

Hiya Michael,

Thanks for showing us these photos! Like you, I'd love a BD with both Para and GP wings on Well, we can only dream...

I really like these photos of wings on uniforms - especially the Indian ones. I love the way one wing is larger than the other!

Yes, you're right I do like my wings and here is the current collection of loose ones. OK, but I know you have some crackers!

Thanks again, from Jack.
      Last edited by Jack Dutton; 09-03-2004, 05:00 PM.

Comment

para wings

Hiya young sir !!!
        nice collection of wings you have there , tell ya what , seen as im a nice bloke ,i will take the lot £1.25 each across the board ..cant say fairer than that , im an honest man me guv ,
        ( sorry ......i went down to London a few days back , god i love those southern dealers ,they here a northern voice and think
        " hey look thickies from the stickies .more money than sence ...." see ya .

Originally posted by Jack Dutton
        Hiya Michael,

Thanks for showing us these photos! Like you, I'd love a BD with both Para and GP wings on Well, we can only dream...

I really like these photos of wings on uniforms - especially the Indian ones. I love the way one wing is larger than the other!

Yes, you're right I do like my wings and here is the current collection of loose ones. OK, but I know you have some crackers!

Thanks again, from Jack.

Comment

That's funny!

OK mate make it £1.50 and you have yourself a deal

It did surprise at places like Kent when I went there last week, there is still quite alot of prejudice against northeners!

Cheers from Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X