• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Grandfather's wedding, Easter Monday 1913
    Attached Files

Comment

The Bride and Groom

Sadly she died in the 'flu epidemic at the end of the war.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jim Maclean; 09-06-2004, 10:14 AM.

Comment

A year on, June 1914.

I love the hat and collar
        Attached Files

Comment

HMS Lucia in Reval, Estonia salvaging an Estonian aircraft that fell into the harbour, presumably from the sky. The note on the back doesn't say.
          I believe he spent quite some time in Russia at the end of the war. Something else I hope to find out from the PRO.
          Dated 22.6.1919
          Attached Files

Comment

"Locals in Reval"?This was amongst the pics and postcards, the flags look Estonian and the uniforms Russian. Apart from that not a clue.
            Attached Files

Comment

Taking a bit of licence here, Malta 1924.

Looks like it was taken on a Friday at half past 'Tot-time'
              Attached Files

Comment

Family Photos

Hiya JIM ,
                THANKS FOR SHOWING THE PHOTOS It must be great to have such items belonging to relatives , unfortunately any items relating to my ancestors were binned long ago ,regards ,Michael. Maclean]The Bride and Groom

Sadly she died in the 'flu epidemic at the end of the war.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Jim, neat photos. My great grandfather was a career soldier in the coast artillery in Maine. He went to France as an artilleryman and also died in the flu epidemic of 1919. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of him.

Here's one. Anyone know what his armband is for? Military Police? Is that a wound stripe on his other cuff? May just be spots on the photo.

Tim
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yep, RMP, GMP were worn as Regimental & Garrison Police armbands, the vertical strip on the left cuff is the wounded stripe, usually worn in brass, but also produced in bullion etc.

Comment

Thanks Leigh.

Comment

WRAF Photo.

Mike, as discussed - my "new" photo of a cWWI WRAF, which I collected yesterday.
                        Shows the embroidered (& metal?) cap badge, WRAF title, & that nice big bird on the arm.
                        Unfortunately no date or details of the lady on the card.
                        I collect WWI period Brit military photos (got hundreds of the things), as well as grabbing Victorian & Edwardian ones etc, plus a few WWI German, inter-war Polish & Serbian etc.
                        Attached Files

Comment

A nice 34th Division portrait.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I believe this portrait shows a member of the 16th Division.
                            Attached Files

Comment

An unknown Australian MM winner.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NormandieCamo View Post
                                I believe this portrait shows a member of the 16th Division.

This does'nt look like 16th Div ( who had a three - petalled shamrock as a central device on a circular patch).

The badge in this photo looks like a cross with some kind of central device on a rectangle, on a circular patch?

Depending on how I'm reading the image, possibly 20th Divs similar but circular design of cross with central roundel, or 32nd Divs
                                5 hollow circles, but they don't seem right either.
                                Last edited by leigh kitchen; 03-26-2007, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X