British Helmet plate regiment help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Helmet plate regiment help.

Hi guys. I recently aquired an OR helmet plate of the late Victorian style for the overseas helmet. It is of brass and formed in the 8 point star. The center emblem is the powder horn for light infantry enclosed in the garter belt with the inscription " HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE". There is no regimental number or name. I have been trying to lock down the regiment but find more than one which hold this inscription.Confused now and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like a light infantry regiment, but they nearly all have the same latin text and without a picture it's hard to be more accurate. Most I have seen have the regimental name on a scroll at the bottom.

Jerry

Comment

Yes, I have one other that has the regiment (Liverpool in this case) identified in the outer circle. This new one just has the script. Thanks.

Comment

Can you post a picture of the helmet and badge please.
        Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
        Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
        Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

Try the British Badge Forum as well - the real badge experts live there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X