Polish Para

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish Para

Well, despite "their" 30+ collector years & experience which generally outranks that of anyone you could ever show it to, or ask advise from, "these" sellers dont appear to know that the Paratrooper trousers alone are worth the buy it now price.

Ooops, that is of course if they are genuine

Check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

p.s Also found it hilarious that "they" were buying denison smocks for $1000 US fifteen years ago!

Comment

They want $4000 and they show 3 crappy photos what a bunch of flankers .Rob.
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Well, I sure do not like that eagle

Comment

Polish Para

That wing (eagle) on the BD is totally 150% duff !!!!!!!!!
          It's one of the latest "numbered" copies that have appeared.....

Gary J.

Comment

Too funny!!!

HI chaps,

I saw this one as soon as it listed. Notice the ribbon bar. It has a Monte Cassino Cross on it. Last I heard the paras were never part of the assault for Cassino. Simple mistake but a dead giveaway.

Cheers,
            Greg

Comment

Polish Para's

There were a few instances of Polish "qualified" para's transferring to the Polish 2nd Corp in Italy, but this was on an individual basis only.
              In theory I suppose it might have been possible for a trained para under his transferred command to have served at Monte Cassino, but certainly not wearing the BD that is shown in the E-bay pictures.

(Marek Swiecicki - Polish War correspondent - who wrote "With the red devils at Arnhem" moved on to report about the 2nd Corp after Arnhem, and famously insisted on still wearing the Polish Airborne Grey beret whilst there ... which did not go down too well by all accounts)

The Uniform itself ...

..I totally agree with Greg ... it's a bit of a "Heinz 57".

Also, one has to bare in mind that the standard kit issued to British Airborne was also issued to the Poles, so the make up of this grouping may have some original sourced items which have been added to and "enhanced".

Regards

Gary J.

Comment

Agreed !!! For kicks, I sent an email to the seller asking for the paratrooper's name and an image of the back of the "jump" wing....they replied to my inquiry stating that they would give that information to the "lucky winner" !!! I'm not sure I'd use the word "lucky" for the "winner" of this grouping !!!!

Comment

Well spotted on the Monte Cassino ribbon Greg! I also thought the Para wing was "too thin and weird" looking. I emailed the seller asking for photos of everything including labels. Funnily enough, no reply.

Comment

A Fool And His Money.....

Hello all,

I also asked for additional photos with zero repsonse. Surprise, surprise!!!! I the proceeded to send another email asking him for references at the Sikorski Institute and the IWM. Again no response. What a surprise.

Oddly enough no one has bid at the time of posting this. Even the "newbies" have shied away. Kudos to them because if I saw a single bid I would fire off an email warning them.

Cheers,
                    Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X