Canadian 1902 pattern ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian 1902 pattern ?

Before putting this up for sale i just wanted everyone to check it out. Was this a 1902 pattern jacket? I cant find a name anywhere but its a very nice quality with the Canada buttons all there just a couple of minimal moth nips. I really like the Capt. pips. Your opinions are welcome thanks Mike
    Attached Files

Unfortunately the collar and shoulder insignia were taken off when I got it.
    Attached Files

Comment

a
      Attached Files

Comment

Tailor's label?

On these jackets there is often a tailor's label. It is usually INSIDE the inside breast pocket. These often name the customer.

My favorite such find was such a label in an officer's greatcoat. It was for Bert "Hoffy" Hoffmeister - the famous Canadian General Officer Commanding 5th Canadian Armoured Division and Canadian Army Pacific Force. The coat had BOTH sets of patches on it (superimposed). He was a Seaforth and I found the coat in the Seaforth Officers' Kit Stores in 1972 and I put it into the regimental museum which I started.

Colin

Originally posted by 1Perazzi View Post
        Before putting this up for sale i just wanted everyone to check it out. Was this a 1902 pattern jacket? I cant find a name anywhere but its a very nice quality with the Canada buttons all there just a couple of minimal moth nips. I really like the Capt. pips. Your opinions are welcome thanks Mike

Comment

Looks like an officers tunic from a militia unit over a regular force tunic . Not sure if the buttons are generic buttons or a unit buttons. The RCR's used a beaver for their collar dogs they may have also used the beaver on theirs buttons but it could also be a 22nd regiment as well... just guessing

Comment

Hi and thanks for the help Mike

Comment

I believe the buttons were common to all militia units.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
              X