Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Flying boots

Hi Guys

I believe these are 1941 pattern suede boots, the condition is really good, they have hardly been worn at all. Do they look original and what would be the current going rate for a pair like this?

Many thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Original Boots, with the later addition of the retaining straps to try to prevent the Boots from being lost and coming off during a parachute descent.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
        ... what would be the current going rate for a pair like this?

Many thanks

Patrick
        A couple of hundred bucks, I believe.

Ian

Comment

thanks for the help guys

Comment

41 Pattern boots

Great looking boots, these are of course 1941 Pattern introduced as a replacement for the strap-less 1940 Pattern which were prone to being lost while bailing out.
            The thin rubber over the foot of the boot is susceptible to drying out & flaking, yours appear to be in excellent condition with the original soles so this will add to their value.

Comment

I would beg to differ - the soles appear to have been resoled. I have owned and seen many pairs of 40 & 41 pattern boots over the years (as stated, the above are 1941 pattern) and the original sole is not like those show, however you can see the original sole underneath the replacement. They tended to crack right across where the ball of the foot flexed it as they were fairly rigid. Still a very nice pair of boots and if they are in a large size, they will be worth more (size 10 plus). The size is usually embossed into the leather on the leather "tongue" that sits behind the zip on each boot often along with various official markings including the official 22c/xxxx RAF stores reference numbers - each size had a different stores number.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
              X