medals, what are they ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

medals, what are they ?

Hi I came across a small collection of british medals and badges.
    Somme are obvious, others are unknown to me.
    As i'm out of the collecting world for 5 years now, I need help with identification and approximate values ...
    thank you in advance :-)
    Marc
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

;
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

:
          Attached Files

Comment

:;
            Attached Files

Comment

,;
              Attached Files

Comment

I especially need ID on the two last enameled medals . No one here who know what they are and a aprox. Value ?

Comment

Some tentative ID's, though not really my area and I have no idea on values. From this you should be able to google them for more info and certain ID's.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you !!! I would need a value on the Military cross, the DSO and the most dist. order
                    Or a link to where to go to find out the actual sell value ...

Comment

dixons medals and liverpool medals are main dealers in brit medals the miltary cross will be about 400-500 pounds sterling the distinguished service order bout 900 sterling+ BUT youd need to find out if its real!not sure on the st george as dont have my medal year book to hand but id say ALOT!
                      the 2nd medal is not a british empire medel but an MBE for the miltary worth bout 75-90 sterling.the star on the blue ribbon is the kedivea(spelling?)star worth 75-90 sterling! the egypt medal bout 150 sterling!theres one that says "for mertiorious service" thats a meratorious service medal and if named correctly is worth 200-220 sterling!the one under that is the crimea war medal unnamed 160 sterling more if named!which leads me to my next point are these named at all as that can have a VAST effect on the price
                      Last edited by paddywhack; 11-06-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much, I really appreciate !!! For the St George ... What is alot ??? Real alot ??? like thousands ???????

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete View Post
                          Thank you very much, I really appreciate !!! For the St George ... What is alot ??? Real alot ??? like thousands ???????
                          id put a guess in at 900 sterling plus!but look on those sites i gave u ame you might be able to get one for sale!

Comment

Pretty impressive small collection check they are not stolen . Rob
                            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Not stolen, got these yesterday from a 98 year old fellow in a retirement home. The family got my name from a friend and so I ended up with these to but them for sale ...
                              There are a few more , I'll make pictures of all if interested ... Then well, E-stand I suppose to start ??? Or a British auction house like "Spinks" ??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X