Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Caps WW1 +

Hey Guys,
    Found these this morning, paid what I thought was a fair price.

I assume and hope the first cap is WW1 era, the 2nd could be WW1 era with a WW2 badge?

Apparently all 3 caps belonged to the same man. Shouldnt be too hard to research a lt. Col.

Looked him up, I think I found him: MCKIM, LAURIE HAMILTON. Looks like thats the man.

Any info on the caps would be great.

great caps http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/d...rhipjmqfe41du0

Comment

Going by the photos they all look post WW1.
      Does the first cap pictured also have a green underside to the peak?
      Are the chin straps all the same width?

Comment

The first cap has a green underside to the bill but its stiff and not flexible like the other 2. The chin strap is also thinner than the others. Sweatband is different as well, looks like a lighter leather if that makes sense. Also looks like it has some odd corrugated vent between the visor and the cap. Will try to get a picture up later.

Comment

Inside of 1st cap.

IMG_5256.jpg

Comment

As the first cap pictured does not have a cloth underside to the peak, it only confirms my suspicions that it is post WW1. The thin chin strap suggests to me that it is early to late 1920s.

The other two caps with the thicker chin straps, suggest to me they are late 1920s onwards.

My area of expertise however, is New Zealand military head dress, with a very good understanding of British military head dress, so I cannot be 100% sure that Canadian head dress followed these countries dress regulations.

I do know that WW1 Canadian, NZ and British ordinary ranks SD caps did have green undersides to their peaks, as did the WW1 "soft pattern" officer SD caps worn by these countries.

To prove me wrong, you will need to find a "known" WW1 Canadian officers SD cap with green underside to prove that they did indeed wear them during WW1.

Comment

This is a superb site you need to check out for Canadian WW1 lids.

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/ceftp/caps.htm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X