Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pick up

Gday all,

Had a lady at work tell me that she was thinking of giving her grandfathers things from the second world war away, luckily she decided to give it to me! As said he served in ww2 and was captured by the Japanese, spending his captivity at the Changi prisoner of war camp. Also in amongst it were a couple things of her cousin who served in Vietnam. She told me there was a few badges and photos but what I got was a whole lot more. I'll post some photos up, any help or information about any of these items would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Brad
    Attached Files

Here are his medals
    Attached Files

Comment

This belt is something I didn't expect
      Attached Files

Comment

more
        Attached Files

Comment

and more
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm told he collected all the buttons while he was in Changi, if anyone can identify them for me it would be hugely appreciated
            Attached Files

Comment

Finally got around putting some more up
              Attached Files

Comment

Thats him middle front & a nice shot of them marching through Launceston
                Attached Files

Comment

Any idea what this might be?
                  Attached Files

Comment

The anchor button to the left of the artillery hat badge looks like a WW2 German navy button, imo, but I could be wrong

Comment

The Blue / leather tag follows all the format of the ID tags which some Japanese camps issued to the POWS. I have several metal versions which are the same lay out as your example. They are very scarce items.

Comment

Very nice pickup Brad.
                        I wish i had that sort of luck.
                        Had a quick lookup for some of the more unusual badges (roman helmet and crossed swords- maybe Indian) but no luck.
                        The patch is definately a 2/40th one though.
                        Good luck to you Mate
                        Mick

Comment

Some of the items are Dutch, one with the Lion of Nassau and some of the others with the non British crown. Also a fair bit of British stuff.

A great lot to be given.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Black View Post
                            any help or information about any of these items would be greatly appreciated

it a bit hard to see but it seems these 2 items look like his ID tags(?)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks everyone for their help so far , I told the lady I got the stuff off that I would keep her updated with any information I received. The only problem is now every time I see her at work I have to tell her I love her, a small price to pay I guess

Yep they are here is a shot, the one on the left seems to be made out of pressed cardboard
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X