airforce issue watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

airforce issue watch

Hii, could anone help. I have an unbranded watch with a black face the condition of the watch face and leather strap is perfect but does not work. on the back it has the inscription of an arrow ans 14A/1102 5447/42. Could anyone tell me if this watch is rare and of value or any information they could give. It belonged to a gentlemen who was a radio airman on the lancasters.

thanks

A photo might help !

Comment

airforce issue watch

sorry dont have photo at moment. I have seen a picture of it on another site and it does state that being an unbranded airforce watch it is quite rare is there anyone that can update me with any information on the watch without a picture at this stage and just on the information and number on the back of the watch I gave.
      thanks

Comment

Hi,

The service numbers indicate a 1942 year of manufacture and the 14A/xxxx number is an RAF stores reference.

Such watches are not that rare but tend to be sought after. Depends very much on who made the movement - e.g. Longines, Rolex, Omega etc. You may need to remove the back plate to tell.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X