visor info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

visor info needed

Hello guys , i just picked this visor up and cannot seem to find the info needed to ID . Any help is appreciated .....

Sorry, I don't see any image attached.

Comment

visor

Sorry about that .
      Attached Files

Comment

Certainly an RAF junior officer's cap, with the Georgian crown, so it could be of WWII vintage. Interior photos would help.
        Does the insignia look original?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

visor

Thank you , yes insignia looks good . ww2 period . here is the interior .
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice cap! Definitely looks legit to me

Comment

cap

thanks mike ..

Comment

As the others have already stated, a WWII RAF Officers peaked cap. Looks nice.

Comment

As per the printed interior, the service dress cap shown was made by Fulcher's of 21 Saville Row, London - an RAF approved outfitters and uniform suppliers. As such I would say it is a good quality WW2 era item of headware.

Now, my sources seem to show only one RAF officer of the WW2 era fitting the naming D. B. Gray - Sqn Ldr David Benjamin Gray OBE MC, formerly a Lt Col with the Indian Army and ex-RFC. He transferred to the RAF in 1939 after he retired from the Indian Army and finally retired from the RAF in 1942 - having originally been commissioned to the forces in 1903! That's some span of career.

At the moment I don't have to hand the details of his MC award but it looks like it may well be an inter-wars award, which would be quite interesting and rare.

I cannot state that this is absolutely the chap who owned this hat, but I am 99% certain. I have a picture of him in his WW1 RFC uniform.......but not sure how to post it here.
                  Last edited by skypilot; 10-25-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

visor

Wow , thats great info and i appreciate your study of the named visor , If you find any other info feel free to post , i will check that out as well , Thank you .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X