No announcement yet.

Boyd Helmet Arnhem Headgear As Promised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice items Ben Do you mostly collect British items?

Regards,

Des

Comment

Hi Ade,

thanks!
      The scarf came with the helmet and was inside when it was given to me by the son of the person who picked it up after the war. Unfortunately the man who picked it up is deceased, very bad as he might have been able to say something more about Boyd himself. I couldn't say for 100% sure that the scarf was in there when the helmet was picked up but my guess is that it was.
      We've just purchased a new house (which was cleared room by room and saw hand to hand fighting between the 505th PIR and Fallschirmjager) so I won't be able to make it anywhere for the time being.

Des, I mainly collect WWII US Airborne but whenever I get a chance to pick up British airborne items such as these I sure don't let them slip through my fingers. I also collect FJ and German helmets.

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      Well worth the wait Ben! Beautiful items.

Was the yellow celanese recognition "scarf" found with the helmet too, as I noticed it tucked inside the liner?

Cheers, Ade.

PS. Will you make it to Detling this weekend?

Comment

Ben ,truly exceptional headwear ,really outstanding ,to have actual items that were there is every collectors dream ,if you want to get rid of them etc etc etc .Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X