Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P08 pack?

Hello,

Do any of you know if this is 08 pattern or not?

It can't be seen in the photo but the wide straps at the top are sewn on and fixed with brass rivets too.

There is something written on the inside of the flap but it's too faded to read.

Thanks

Tony
    Attached Files

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Some of the markings.
      Attached Files

Comment

As far as i can see its WW1 so a p08 pack

Comment

Brodie,

Is it true that all the P37 packs had sections inside whereas the 08 pattern packs don't?

Tony

Comment

I don't seem to remember either 1908 or 1937 Patt. Large Packs [basically the same item of equipment] having sections inside (maybe the ones I've encountered have had them removed), but Patt. '37 Small Packs did.
            Last edited by Tony Farrell; 08-25-2004, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ynot
              Brodie,

Is it true that all the P37 packs had sections inside whereas the 08 pattern packs don't?

Tony
              No... P37 large packs do not have dividers inside. The only sure way to tell the difference between a P08 and P37 large pack is the markings stamped inside the flap.

Steve

Comment

I don't know much about WWII
                i only collect WWI
                But i never saw a Lager pack with dividers inside

Comment

BTW you sell this pack
                  becouse i am missing those straps over the pack

Comment

The straps you are referring to are the same as used on the '37 Pattern Large Pack, albeit with different dates. A bit of Blanco and nobody would know the difference.

Comment

The way I understand it then is that as the date inside the flap is faded, I have no way of telling when it was issued.

I bought it hoping it was P08 because of the extra straps and to sell my other one on. The other one is stamped ME Mills 1918 inside the flap. I will probably keep both of them for a while now before deciding which one to sell.

I will have to try and find out what the stampings on the straps mean.

Does anyone have an idea what the stamps in the middle of the pack are?

Thanks for all your comments so far.

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X