FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabled and discharged scroll,opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabled and discharged scroll,opinions please!

Hello!

I picked one of these up the other day,the first one i've owned.

Awarded to No. S,E, 25681 PTE. Henry Stanley,Royal Army Veterinary Corps,discharged 27th January 1919.

Thanks to Tony's prefix list,I found out that S,E, means special enlistment for duration only,(thanks Tony! ).

I have a few questions about these scrolls though,are they common/rare,and what sort of price are they going for at the moment?

It will look nice in a frame on the wall of my war room!

I've enclosed a pic of the details,can't fit the rest on the scanner as it's too bloody big!
    All opinions welcomed.
    Kind regards,
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyD; 12-29-2006, 09:35 AM.

I paid seven squid for one for one a couple of months ago.

Comment

Scrolls ,great War

Hello ANDY ,
      very nice scroll you have , an absolute gift at £7.00 , these once often " overlooked " items are not gaining a lot of interest , as a general rule at an arms fair i would expect to pay around the £15.00 mark for a corps ,line regiments a good bit more £20.00?? have seen them go for upto £50.00 for a nice ,rare ...ish unit ( M.G.CORPS or TANKS etc ,
      and as for ROYAL FLYING CORPS , they sell big time , i would hold on to yours for a while ,for some reason R.A.V.C medals ,photos etc are creating a lot of interest ..... its this seasons fashion !!! ,best wishes ,Michael.QUOTE=leigh kitchen]I paid seven squid for one for one a couple of months ago.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Forgot to mention - the one I bought a little while ago for £7 was to an A.S.C. man with a "M2-" number prefix, so not exactly a scarce unit then.

Comment

ref : YOUR LAST ,

hiya , sorry mate , just re read me reply to you ,should have said
          " these overlooked items are NOW becoming very collectable "
          , the word NOT was a b$%£& up , that one word changes the whole reply , comes of playing on the P.C late at night after many bottles of Becks !!! , got a very ratty ,very prenant wife at the minute , so i am keeping out of here way .

HAVE GIVEN VERY hard thought to collecting these items ( i love GREAT WAR paperwork ) but i collect to many side lines as it is .... but they are starting to gain a lot of interest , if you have got the spare cash i would buy them when you can afford the odd one , they would make a super area to collect to ,just for the research angle ,
          sorry for me cock up , best wishes ,Michael.
          Originally posted by leigh kitchen
          Forgot to mention - the one I bought a little while ago for £7 was to an A.S.C. man with a "M2-" number prefix, so not exactly a scarce unit then.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X