Tunic and Hat of General Sir Charles Keightly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic and Hat of General Sir Charles Keightly

I recently picked up this 1948 tailored tunic and hat of General Sir Charles Keightly. I have researched his rather impressive record. I just wonder if there is collector interest in post WWII uniforms.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Detail
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

dont know bout anyone else but iv ALOT of interest in any tunic thats got history with it!i LOVE it!!!i love the ribbon bar even more!!

Comment

G

With that amount of awards there is bound to be interest i would say.

Comment

The badge on the cap looks like the crossed batons of a field marshal's badge, but Keightly 's highest rank was general.
          Very nice pickup.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
            The badge on the cap looks like the crossed batons of a field marshal's badge, but Keightly 's highest rank was general.
            Very nice pickup.

Bob Shoaf
            Sorry I misread your post and I can't quite make out the badge on the cap to clearly see if it is crossed batons or baton and sword, though after a second look I think you are correct to it being crossed batons.

Rank arrangement on the tunic is correct for a full General, Fm rank is similar but surrounded by a wreath and does not have the pip.

Also, the use of the Queens crown suggests it was updated after 1953.

Wonderful tunic and certainly of interest to me and many other collectors I would think. In fact I had a 48 dated 46 pattern BD blouse arrive today.

Regards,

Jerry
            Last edited by Bond; 09-13-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
              Sorry I misread your post and I can't quite make out the badge on the cap to clearly see if it is crossed batons or baton and sword, though after a second look I think you are correct to it being crossed batons.

Rank arrangement on the tunic is correct for a full General, Fm rank is similar but surrounded by a wreath and does not have the pip.

Also, the use of the Queens crown suggests it was updated after 1953.

Wonderful tunic and certainly of interest to me and many other collectors I would think. In fact I had a 48 dated 46 pattern BD blouse arrive today.

Regards,

Jerry
              The cap badge looks like that for a field marshal; a closer photo would confirm it.
              One of my best friends has a peaked cap of Field Marshal Sir Richard Hull, late 17th/21st Lancers; it's a beauty. I recently picked up a 17th/21st Lancers officer's dress cap, and it's named to Hull's ADC!

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X