Tunic And Cap CVWW Catholic Womens League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic And Cap CVWW Catholic Womens League

Just had to have this one for the moment, found yesterday at flee market in Builth , mid wales. From what i can gather it belong to a women who served in europe during ww2, id did manage to find a couple of period shots of this uniform in wear and it was nice to see that the leather buttons were standard on these tunics. Anyway hope you enjoy the pics, Cheers Pete.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Great uniform, let me know when you get fed up of it.

Marc

Comment

Hello!

Great to see another of these tunics....including the hat!!
          I've got one simmular, took me a time to discover what is was.
          I confirm it is a (wartime) CWL tunic. I will show some pictures of my tunic over some weeks time...as I'm off for a 3 weeks holiday in just a few hours.

Great find of a rather rare service.!!

Comment

info

Hi everyone, I believe CVWW stands for "Council of Voluntary War Work ".
            Cheers

Comment

Bringing this old thread up as i'm sitting with my mum going through some of my gran's stuff. I always knew she served in the SA army during the war but these shoulder tabs i knew nothing about until today. The story is she desperately wanted to serve in the military when war broke out but couldn't because she had children under 5 to look after. So, she found a way to serve at first, but outisde the military until her child (my mum) turned 5. These C.V.W.W tabs i'd never seen or heard of before.

The photo is taken in Cape Town.
              Attached Files
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Very informative! I picture and ribbons to cherish!

Comment

The fact that the tunic was made by a 'Salvationist' company - which implies, to me at least, the Salvation Army - also strongly implies that it was NOT made for a Catholic group.

Check this thread on the British Badge Forum for more thoughts on 'CVWW'. Don't think it's the Catholic Women's League.
                  https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=27917

Comment

yep good old Catholic Women's League they ran all sorts of huts and canteens during both wars..

my how things change. A number of Canadain organization tried to get a canteen going for Kandahar but the government balked at it did lead to a civi Tim-hortens.

The closest thing was a number of CWL 's here in Canada sponsered a 'League Day' in Kandahar where the Tim-hortens would give out free coffee and doughuts, some organizaion sold suport out troops gear.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X