British soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British soldier

Hi guys,i found this soldier in a attic this morning...seems to be a WWI British soldier...is it ?
    Please what are your thoughts..
    Thanks for your time
    Martin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by martin guerre; 08-12-2012, 05:08 AM.

qq
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

fff
        Attached Files

Comment

He seems to have a lot of buttons on his tunic British tunics had 5 also his ammo pouches look different to me maybe a commonwealth soldier.RMR

Comment

Eight buttons on the tunic.... commonwealth soldier....or US soldier perhaps ?

Comment

Canadian perhaps ...

Comment

I dont think he's WW1 British or Commonwealth, does anybody know what type of rifle he has? if they were trying to depict a British or Commonwealth soldier you would expect the rifle to be a Lee Enfield.

Comment

soldier

It's not a Lee Enfield. It also isn't a Canadian Ross Rifle, or the 1914 Enfield issued to British troops.
                  Strange....I know he's not French, but the rifle does look a bit like an 1886 Lebel.

Comment

Not Canadian!
                    Canadian WW1 uniforms had 7 buttons.
                    The Rifle doesn't look like a UK or Canadian rifle either.

Looks like a US Soldier.

Comment

Interesting
                      Ok for the rifle....could be possible that the maker don't care about the rifle and made it only just as a rifle with no speacial model in head...
                      just a thought..

Comment

I think Martin could be correct and there Is a certain amount of artistic license at play here; from the way the rifle Is positioned behind the soldier It seems purposely secondary to the composition. It bears a slight resemblence to a P14rifle but 'slight' Is the operative word.

I suspect the piece Is French and that It portrays a British, US or Canadian serviceman, far from home, peering back from whence he came.

Is It signed around the base Martin? If not It's possibly signed under the wooden base.

Whatever, It Is a marvelous piece and one I would be very happy to own. If It's ever time for him to make another journey please let me know Martin.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Brummel. View Post

Whatever, It Is a marvelous piece and one I would be very happy to own. If It's ever time for him to make another journey please let me know Martin.

Yours, Guy.
                          Already listed for sale here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=613580

Very nice item

Jerry

Comment

Looks like a typical Russian pose!

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X