Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help - CANADIAN ISSUE FAIRBAIRN SYKES 3rd PATTERN

Hello Fellow Collectors,
    I would like opinion on CANADIAN ISSUE FAIRBAIRN SYKES 3rd PATTERN. I am not into fighting knifes, there are 2 marks with letter C and broad arrow as well markings MADE IN SHEFFIELD ENGLAND and IMPERIAL GUDEDGE CUTLERY CO.
    Is this knife from WW2 production or later period?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Sasha
    Attached Files

CANADIAN ISSUE FAIRBAIRN SYKES 3rd PATTERN

Few more photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Marking on the scabbard

Broad arrow in the C
      Attached Files

Comment

Post WW2, but a very neat Knife

Comment

Fs

THANKS CLIVE

Comment

The sheath is totally wrong for this style of knife, being of a type found on German style hunting knives thus the C on the back is wrong/spurious.

The knife is post WW2 whether the marks on that are right is difficult to tell as there is virtually nothing known about post war issue of commando knives to Canadian forces.

The Imperial Gudedge dates the piece to 1977 to 1983 which is when the company was in existence.

Comment

Originally posted by lyness View Post
              The sheath is totally wrong for this style of knife, being of a type found on German style hunting knives thus the C on the back is wrong/spurious.

The knife is post WW2 whether the marks on that are right is difficult to tell as there is virtually nothing known about post war issue of commando knives to Canadian forces.

The Imperial Gudedge dates the piece to 1977 to 1983 which is when the company was in existence.
              Agreed. The scabbard is not an issue pattern. The knife is a post-war production. I have had several C/|\ marked original F-S Fighting Knives (a first pattern, a second pattern and a couple of others) so some were marked but this one is definitely faked in my opinion.

Comment

Fs

Seaforth72,
                Can you please post few pictures from your collection , it would be great to see difference in marking.
                THANKS
                Sasha

Comment

Originally posted by Seaforth72 View Post
                  Agreed. The scabbard is not an issue pattern. The knife is a post-war production. I have had several C/|\ marked original F-S Fighting Knives (a first pattern, a second pattern and a couple of others) so some were marked but this one is definitely faked in my opinion.
                  Any change you could show your C/I\ marked 1st pattern? Never seen a marked 1st before.

Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X