MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions Please on 1st SAS Shoulder Titles, NZ Shoulder Tile and NZ LRDG Badge + Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Please on 1st SAS Shoulder Titles, NZ Shoulder Tile and NZ LRDG Badge + Two

Attached Files

Gentlemen, I would very much appreciate your views on these Special Forces items now on offer to me and previously sold by a UK dealer with a guarantee of authenticity.

The badge is a New Zealand LRDG badge along with a NZ Shoulder Title. The rest are obvious although the Combined Ops. badge is not on offer.

Luc, anyone?

Best regards,

Simon
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Simon,

I cannot comment on the LRDG bits but the sleeves are rubbish in my humble opinion.

Comment

The New Zealand title is good, I have a pair the same.

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

Hi Des, thanks for the swift reply. Certainly my view but I needed the support before I break the news! Anyone else have any input?

Best regards,

Simon

Comment

Thanks Jerry, that's something! How about the NZ LRDG badge?

Best regards,

Simon

Comment

The cloth New Zealand epaulette title is fine . However the L.R.D.G badge with "NZ" either side is not a badge i have seen before in examining original LRDG badges . One of the New Zealand collectors will undoubtably confirm its authenticity or not.

Comment

The printed pegasus are reproductions , I cannot comment on the other decals.

Comment

The sleeves look pretty dodgy to me too: way to smooth and flat to have ever been sewn up into sleeves - no wear or stretch marks at all. Can't comment on the badges per se.

Comment

Fairly sure I saw these sleeves for sale at one of the Birmingham Arms Fair last year, both are fakes IMO.

Comment

I'm quite confident that the SAS titles, wings and Pegasus patches are replicas. The use of sleeves is a nice way to display such items however it may suggest that they show an authentic lot which is not the case.

I'm not familiar with the NZ cap badge, a commemorative piece perhaps?

Luc

Comment

Once again Gentlemen I am very grateful for all your input and for the benefit of your knowledge. I think we all agree on this one.

Best regards, Simon

Comment

pm

pm sent

Comment

All the SAS and LRDG are poor fakes, only the Combined Ops and New Zealand strip are ok.

Comment

Simon, although the picture of the LRDG badge is not the best, you can make out that the tail is touching the scorpions leg and that it has a raised lip to the outer edge of the wheel.
                              A wartime version of the LRDG badge with touching tail was issued, but it did not have the raised lip to the outer edge of the wheel.
                              As such, the badge pictured is one of, or most likely a copy of the LRDG badges produced in the 1970s by Russell King badges for the British LRDG Association.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X