BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allied Formation Sign ...any Ideas Please ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allied Formation Sign ...any Ideas Please ??

Good evening fellas ,
    can any one out there help identify this formation sign please ???, it came in tin with a few other 14th army /far east signs ,officers pips, The badge is made in the typical far east style , hand constructed panther ?? on to cloth then backed on to K.D material with the usual press studs to the rear ,The badge is quite large , 80mm across .
    Iam presuming its british , or possibly Australian , then again theres always the chance it`s U.S ,
    any help or comments will be great ,cheers guys ,Michael.
    Attached Files

Hi Michael, I cannot recall ever seeing that one before? Certainly not a Div sign. It is vaugely similar to the US 66th Inf Div, but they did not serve in the Far East, so no go there.

Marc Sherrif is your man for formation signs I am sure he will see this thread and help.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Sorry, not this time. Yet!

Comment

Possibly South African?

Steve.

Comment

111th Indian Infantry Brigade

This badge which can be found facing left or right, and on an oval or diamond ground may be that of 111th Indian Infantry Brigade.The Brigade is alleged to have used a panther’s head as its formation sign prior to joining the Chindits.

Comment

Hello Richard , many thanks with your help on this , the guy i got the badge from did say he got it from an old boy who claimed to be conected with the CHINDITS but i just presumed this may have been a bit of `sales bull ` of the dealer , very best wishes ,Michael
            Originally posted by Richard Woods
            This badge which can be found facing left or right, and on an oval or diamond ground may be that of 111th Indian Infantry Brigade.The Brigade is alleged to have used a panther’s head as its formation sign prior to joining the Chindits.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X