A bunch of old British Cap Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bunch of old British Cap Badges

I ran across a small collection of British Cap Badges from a WW2 collector years ago. I am not sure if I have anything of value. Can anyone help me out? Anything of interest in this lot? values?
    Thank you!!
    Attached Files

The only potentially interesting one is the Recon and most of them you see are restrikes. Hard to tell from your pics if any or all are good.

Jerry

Comment

The four "badges" on the lower left in the photo are actually officer's rank insignia, and the badge with the inscription "Brave Rifles" is actually for the U.S. 3rd Cavalry Regt.
      As previously said, most of the British badges appear to be restrikes, thus of little value.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

To me the only one that looks like a restrike is the one that would have been worth the money, the Reconnaissance Corps. Most of the others can be found on Ebay starting at around £4, the small grenade is for the Royal Regiment of Artillery worn as a collar badge and in headdress, the small white metal wreath with tank is also a collar badge for the Royal Tank Corps later Regiment. The two Infantry badges call for a higher price.

Marc

Comment

Love the Edmonton Regiment shoulder title. Looks original, unsure of value.

Comment

Badges

Great information! Thank you

Comment

All the badges look to be Original and not restrikes

Comment

Values

If the badges are not restrikes what is the values of the rarer badges such as the recon, tank, and Infantry badges? Sorry I am new to the British cap insignia field

Comment

My apologies for dismissing the badges as restrikes; it appears that I was wrong.
                  As to value, I would believe that the Reconnaissance Corps badge may be the most valuable, as it ceased to exist soon after WWII. The Royal Artillery and Royal Engineers badges are more common than the infantry badges, which should be worth more. Not sure about the RAOC, or the Pioneer Corps, but they are not "glamorous" units.
                  It certainly helps value that they are all King's crown badges, pre 1953.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

If they are all original, which I can't tell from the pics posted, they are worth between £5-15, though the Recon if it is original is worth a bit more, maybe 2 or 3 times as much, but it looks to be missing one of it's lugs and then would lessen it's value.

The single tank collar is not rare or valuable and pairs are easy to find, and while the infantry badges are less common than the Corps badges, the ones posted are still easy to get and are not rare, just less common than the others.

Jerry

Comment

The shaft of the spear on the Recce badge is thinner below the scroll than above; it is generally accepted this means this is a replica.

Luc

Comment

Have to agree with Luc on this one. I'd say all look reasonable (and common) originals save the Recce badge which has the characteristics of a re-strike.

Unfortunately nothing in the lot that will permit an early retirement, but a nice selection of original bits otherwise.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X