• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medals

Your thoughts appreciated.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks to Karl for posting these photos of my Grenadier Guards medal collection, which I am trying to build up again after many years.
      The amateurish photos are mine alone! Thanks for any comments.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Very nice collection to an iconic regiment covering all time spans , thats a great idea . Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
          Very nice collection to an iconic regiment covering all time spans , thats a great idea . Rob
          Thanks, Robb. I had a much nicer collection, including a Sudan, South Africa, WWI long service group of seven, and a Waterloo medal, but was forced to sell them, and other medals. Certainly, I made a very large profit, but wonder, in particular, if I'll ever be able to replace the Waterloo medal, now priced at close to $4,000, or more. Oh well, sic transit gloria.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Well imo Victorian medals will come down in price soon . All the old collectors will sadly pass away the markets will become flooded and there appears to be little interest from the younger generation . Much like US civil war stuff .Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
              Well imo Victorian medals will come down in price soon . All the old collectors will sadly pass away the markets will become flooded and there appears to be little interest from the younger generation . Much like US civil war stuff .Rob
              Robb, I hope you are right, but I've been collecting British medals since the mid 1980's, and prices have gone only one direction......up!!
              I would say that common WWI trios & pairs have not increased greatly in price, but they have gone up, and of course, the vast majority of WWII groups , being unnamed, have not risen significantly, unless of strong attribution & paperwork is present.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X