Thoughts bout this helmet please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts bout this helmet please..

Bought recently, cld u guys tell me your opinion.. Sold as belgium piton brigade volunteer..

We can read 1942 on the attached of the helmet

this is th CLOTH headgear forum. either go to the helme sction or the other european countries section.

Comment

thanx for ur kind advice and the gentle way u used to let me know i used the wrong forum

Comment

Lol , you need to put it in the British or International forum . The Belgium folk used Tommy helmets post war with the flag on the side . Better photos would ne needed , Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Sorry, but you need to post better pics and include any markings on the shell and liner.

It's not a post war Belgian made example, but whether it is war time Belgian used or post war Belgian used will be hard to say. The flash looks hand painted whilst from what I remember the post war flashes are usually a decal.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by tistou48 View Post
            Bought recently, cld u guys tell me your opinion.. Sold as belgium piton brigade volunteer..
            I think that you mean brigade Piron, a piton lives in the swamps and has nothing to do with the Belgian brigade

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
              Sorry, but you need to post better pics and include any markings on the shell and liner.

It's not a post war Belgian made example, but whether it is war time Belgian used or post war Belgian used will be hard to say. The flash looks hand painted whilst from what I remember the post war flashes are usually a decal.

Jerry
              I 'll second that! From what I see the liner also looks like a correct British/Commonwealth one, not like the brown post war Belgian ones, but even if it is wartime dated, you may never know that it originally belongs to the helmet, since it's very easy to change this part.

I guess that some provenance would be the only way to be sure about it.

Best regards,
              Giorgos

PS: Try using the macro feature of your camera while taking photos of the details!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X