• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POW Leaflet

Hi all,

What are your opinions on ebay listing 180915374322
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MILITARY-W...item2a1f6588f2

I bought this exact leaflet off this fellow about a year ago, and since that time I have seen the same leaflet listed by the seller every 3 weeks or so. They sell every time, and I have witnessed 6 or 7 sell, all identical. Of course the seller may have a bunch of them, but it just seems unlikely to me. When I contacted the seller a few months ago and asked ''do you have any other examples of this leaflet'', (knowing he had forgotten about our transaction some months before) he said ''no they are a rare leaflet but come up now and then'',
    so how come he has listed one every three weeks since then? he seems to have no problem getting his hands on an endless supply of them.

All I am saying is that it seems a bit suspicious, that he keeps producing this identical leaflet every few weeks. Opinions?

Thanks
    R

My first reaction would be that he is running these off on a copy machine, some of these modern machines can even duplicate money. Is the paper cheap? They wouldn't have used anything else at the time and I'm sure they would have been put to another use as well so very few would have survived, if any. I suggest you post this on the Japanese Forum also, see if those guys are familiar with them and get an accurate translation of the kanji.

Comment

Being the "lucky" winner of this auction I hung back on replying as I'd already paid so thought best to wait til it arrived, its now here and while on screen it looks the part, in hand it has no age to it, the print and the paper just dont give the feel of the many thousands of pieces of Wartime ephemera I have. Looking back at his previous feedback I see he's sold at least 6 of these.

I've dropped the seller a message asking to return we'll see what he says.

Alistair

Comment

Just an observation, no where in the auction description does the seller say it is original.

Comment

Correct, but it also doesnt state that it is not original / or a reproduction either.

Yes the seller has sold at least six that I have seen, which is highly unusual since its a scarce leaflet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X