Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brit Special Forces Photos

Good evening chaps,
    thanks for the replys on the 22/ IND para photo , have no details on this but i think the clever money is that it is Palastine .......if any one wants the sign let me know .....im just waiting for the paint to dry
    hes a few more to give the once over ,thanks
    1.// EARLY PERIOD A.A.CORPS soldier
    This ones for Jack as i know he has a passion / perversion ?? for berets
    " just look at the size of this one Mrs !! "

2// SOLDIER // PARA WINGS ON RIGHT BREAST.
    1. opinions on this one please gents ??
    The wings are the standard issue qualification wing ( the type with no backing /just the glue wash across the back )
    His shoulder title , i can only make out `ERS ` but not ROYAL ENGINEERS , its the wrong colour combination ( light colour letters /on dark backing ) ,again just visible in the original is a cloth formation sign +arm of service strip.
    I know Indian units sometimes wore the wing on this side but i dont think its a far east unit , over the years i have seen several photos /uniforms with the wing on this side, that i am convinced were worn in Africa / E.T.O some of these uniforms had paperwork with them that confirmed the owner never served out east .

3 // SCOTS SOLDIER .

YEP......I know its not S./F but i think its a `cracking ` image
    got this years ago off the guy in the picture / did a house call and we had a great night .....

"Whats that i here you ask ....... did i get the uniform ? "

After consuming the sharp end of a bottle of whiskey (Irish... naturally !)

on getting the courage up to ask him if he still had the B.D and did he wish to sell it ,please please pretty ,pretty please ???
    his reply was .........

" sell the jacket ... are ya mad son , took the badges off in 1946 and slung `em on t`fire .....jacket i wore up for work ....darn at `t mill ...... well tha dint`t think i wuz gonna spend 6 shilling ona new `en just for work "

SUPER . . . . SMASHING . . . . . GREAT, COME AN AVE A LOOK AT WHAT YA COULD A WON . . . . . .

4 // PALESTINE PHOTO.

SGT JAMES `JIMMIE ` LUND
    H.Q COY / 2 PARA
    CAPTURED AT ARNHEM / from Haworth /WEST YORKSHIRE

5.// GROUP PHOTO

The small sign to the bottom of the photo has the COMBIND OPERATIONS badge with the following details :
    15 BEACH BRICK /SIGNAL SECTION ,
    has an Italian post mark on the rear .
    right ...... am off for a beer an a cig ,back in ten minutes .
    very best wishes ,Michael.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tony Farrell; 08-07-2004, 04:57 AM.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
X