Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German P.o.w Camps ....help Please

HI THERE ,
    does any one own the book that lists the locations of P.O.W camps in germany please ??

desperate to find out the location of 5
    V 11B GEPRUFT ,the 7 letter block may not be acurate ?

many thanks ,Michael.

Is that geprüft? This means examined......

Can you show a picture?

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Could be:
      Stammlager (Stalag) VII B Memmingen
      or
      Offizier-Kriegsgefangenenlager (Oflag) VII B Eichstätt

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

replyP.O.W question PROPAGANDA CAMP ??

Hello Ian ,
        many thanks for your help, what you say makes total sence ,soory i thought the german word was a place !! My reason for asking is this :
        Had a few days off this week so i went for a " cabbie " round a few of the junk markets in my area , one of the dealers had a pile ..70 of wartime P.O.W POSTCARDS , all done on german card paper , with the details i asked about on the back , where the story gets a bit interesting is all though they were of british soldiers , various camp scenes , i got a very strong impression they were of a publicity /propaganda type of image ,the photos were very carefully posed, happy ,well nourished soldiers ...... " this is us sunbathing by the river .......this is us swimming ..this is us sat in the village square drinking beer!!..... many more showing art lessons , stage plays ,there own scots marching band ,cart loads of redcross parcels being distributed "
        all in all having a very jolly time , the content looked very staged , a very distinct lack of german guards on show and those that were had big jolly smiles ?? any thoughts mate ?

A very wild idea of mine .....any chance these could actually be german soldiers acting the images out ??
        reason for this angle is the uniforms they were wearing looked brand new and with out studying every one could not see any british insignia being worn .

not sure if i can belive brit soldiers would play along just for a few beers and redcross parcel ?
        any thoughts no matter how " off the wall " very welcome from you .
        thanks again ,best wishes ,Michael.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X