• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Please on SAS Tunic and Wings

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen. I recently acquired this tunic assuming (and hoping) that it carries a pair of original SAS wings. The tunic is named to Captain ? A Menzies, ?5894 . B. Jan 1942. Your opinions on the wings and indeed the period of the wings would be very much appreciated. Are these WW11 or later? Does anyone have any information on Capt. Later Major Menzies? As always gentlemen, you support is much appreciated.

Best regards, Simon
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Simon,

The wings are post war the so-called 1949 pattern worn by 21st SAS. I have owned one as attached. Nice tunic. I will check if I can find out Menzies.

Cheers,

JB

Originally posted by lanners55 View Post
        Gentlemen. I recently acquired this tunic assuming (and hoping) that it carries a pair of original SAS wings. The tunic is named to Captain ? A Menzies, ?5894 . B. Jan 1942. Your opinions on the wings and indeed the period of the wings would be very much appreciated. Are these WW11 or later? Does anyone have any information on Capt. Later Major Menzies? As always gentlemen, you support is much appreciated.

Best regards, Simon
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi JB, nice to hear from you again and thanks for the information. I'd be very grateful if you can find anything on Menzies.

Best regards, Simon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X