Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Indian Pegasus Patch

Hello All,

I was just wondering. i've always seen the Indian Pegasus patch in the printed version, but has anyone seen a war time embroidered type?

Mike

I have not seen an embroidered version of the Indian 44th Airborne Division formation patches.

I have a matching pair of left and right Pegasus with INDIA. Both were fitted with snaps and padding on the back. They were found in a coin shop in Richmond BC Canada with a pair of Indian made parachute wings (British pattern for those not familar with them) and these too had a backing and snaps. The snaps are so the the insignia can easily be removed from uniforms so that the uniforms could be laundered. This preserved insignia and also meant that iot could be transferred from one uniform to another. Their showing up here is not too surprising as we have a very large East Indian population in the Vancouver area.

I also have one of the printed post-war formation patches, a light blue 44 on maroon background. This one was acquired from a collector.

Comment

Hi Mike, I have a pair. They are hand done and fitted with press studs on the back. Never seen any others like them.

Cheers, Ade.
      Attached Files

Comment

indian pegasus patch

hello all.

this thread has just stirred some old memories for me . in the early 1990,s a very large amount of indian pegasus patches with small popper,s came on to the militaria market . just about every dealer had numerous styles . printed and woven . they were at all the military fairs . i could never get a straight answer from the dealers as to where they had come from .... every body who collected airborne bought a set . the dealers were asking some good money for them too ........never really seen any since ....

regards paul.......

Comment

Embroidered patches were private purchase, so you will find many variations. I have these on file in addition to Ade's example.

Luc
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks All !!

Mike

Comment

HI good afternoon ,

just as a side note , it is possible to encounter these woven `INDIA `Pegasus signs with the word India removed . several units of the Indian Airborne divisions that returned to the Britain an came under the command of UK based Airborne were ordered to remove these signs - some soldiers simply unpicked the India letters ,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X