Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1942 dated Denison

Hi all,

I need you opinion about this Denison 1st type converted in full zip.
    Label is 1942 dated.

Thank you!

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

6, the last
            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful, original hand-painted 1st pattern Denison. Lovely colours ! Shame about the full zip conversion, because I suspect the conversion was done post-war.

Comment

A stunning Denny ..with a nice 40s era full zip .............

The colors are perfect .......
                I would wear it down the pub any day

owen

Comment

WOW that is a belter , if you dont want it PLEASE pass it on to me , {seriously}
                  Hi Argan it looks mint but it all depends on what type of collector you are as i mentioned in your last denison thread , There is a lot of debate about full length zips whether they were applied in the war or post war and there is a lot of theories to both sides , so if you are like me and open minded and all the materials used to convert look original i would be happy but if like i mentioned you are by the 100% tex book then walk away as you will never know when the zip was fitted .
                  On the other hand I have two 1st pat smocks both full zips and i am happy and they look period altered to me as the zips are war period, the sewing thread is identicle to the rest of the smock and how they are both identicle in construction when they are both from differant sources and differant patterns leave me to believe they were constructed to a war time reg but a lot of collectors will disagree with this , can you do me a favour and see if there are any other labels in the smock IE same as the white cotton smock label but placed under the arm pits or around bottom of the zip as both mine have these small labels and i have seen another converted smock with the same
                  hope this info helps
                  Andy

Comment

Hi!

thank you all.
                    Andy, about your queston: this is the small label at the bottom of the smock, sewn into the jacket.
                    It appears to be only a size label..

About the zip, yes, it appears converted, because the sewing is different from the rest of the smock.

Thank you!

Attached Files

Comment

I believe it is not converted but made this way, at least there are no obvious signs of it being converted.
                      It shows an interesting mix of the early hand painted and later screenprinted camo material.

Luc

Comment

Hi Argan
                        I have to agree with Luc and I think these smocks were made this way.I also have a size 7 hand painted smock and it has the exact label as yours sewn into the thread before assembly and this has been highlighted on another thread on a differant smock, mine also has two small labels under each arm ,again sewn in before assembly , My screen printed 1st pat smock has not got the label near the zip but has two labels again sewn under the arm pits before assembly and normal 100% tex book 1st and 2nd pat smocks do not have these labels so the whole debate is thrown open again.

Like it has been previously mentioned it seems to be size 7 and 8 smocks and mainly 1st pattern that have been converted { or unless anyone knows any thing else } as I have not seen a 2nd pat conversion

War time zips have been used and exact sewing thread as in the smock construction, if these were altered post war , WHY go to the extent of this fine detail.

There are four smocks so far all from differant sources which have the same full length zip construction with these added labels in and these have not been added I REPEAT not been added after assembly.

There is photographic proof that they were conversions during the war.

I know that a lot of collectors will disagree and open up other suggestions which is good for debate , but if your open minded like me this I think is the 1st time the labels may hold part of a clue to the full length conversions

Andy
                        Attached Files

Comment

labels
                          Attached Files

Comment

exaxt same label at the bottom of the smock , all three smocks identicle
                            Attached Files

Comment

Argan , can you take some detailed photos of the zip construction inside IE windflap and how the flap is constructed to compare

Also fellow colectors if these smocks were all taken post war to one company or numerous companies after the war for full zip conversion to a certain reg , then how do we explain the other labels which have not been added post war as the assembly has not been altered , clear proof above

over to you guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X