Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fold Rim Brodie - Help ID

Hello i just purchased this brodie style helmet shell
    I can't find any stamp maker on this shell.
    The seller said this is a british brodie mark II, my first thought this helmet is an australian mark II. And now i'm really confused what's the real ID of this helmet. Is this a civil defense helmet?
    I hope someone can help me id-ing this helmet.
    Thank you in advance.

There was a helmet with the same rim as yours that was for civil defence, I've seen 2 or 3 over the last couple of years. Very hard to find, but I'm not sure what type of chin strap lugs were fitted to these helmets, so see if anyone else has a better idea.

Comment

Thank you tinlid.

Is there anyone can help me?

Comment

I'm sure Aaron is right.
        But this helmet is also similar to my Indian helmet

Is the shell magnetic?
        Piotrek

Comment

OK, now I see - You're from Indonesia So, I think it is Indian helmet.
          Piotrek

Comment

india in indie

Ah thank you very much for the info piotrek!
            Yes my helmet is magnetic.
            Is that so, i guess my helmet once equipped for the british indian army in the surabaya in 1945.
            Fascinating helmets i got this time, first is an ex-knil helmet repainted for the indonesian special police forces complete with the unit logo stenciled in front of it. And now this indian made helmet! . What a successful gamble i made.

Anyway is there any stamp in your shell?
            And when india made this helmet?

Comment

Originally posted by garde View Post
              Anyway is there any stamp in your shell?
              And when india made this helmet?
              My helmet is also magnetic.
              I can't see any stamps on the shell and the liner.
              I don't know when these helmets were made, unfortunately...
              Piotrek

Comment

Originally posted by ppp.p View Post
                My helmet is also magnetic.
                I can't see any stamps on the shell and the liner.
                I don't know when these helmets were made, unfortunately...
                Piotrek
                Thank you again piotrek. I guess we have the same helmet. So is this helmet rare?

Comment

Not extreme rare, unfortunately
                  Piotrek

Comment

Thank you again piotrek, but i guess it's extremely rare in here. Many of the brodie helmet i found is an english made.

Comment

I know Australia supplied helmets to India,but if there is no makers mark on it, it could be South African who also supplied them and South African rarely have makers marks.
                      However im sure India would have had a manufacturing plant in operation at some time.
                      This post probably poses more questions than answers im afraid,sorry
                      Mick

Comment

Hmm very interesting. Thank you Mick.

Comment

Hi,

I've bought a similar helmet from someone in Germany. Actually I mistook it for an early Dutch model 16 helmet due to the angle of the picture and the shape of the rim. I've asked the seller if he knew anything about it but it was unknown;'it came from an uncle'.

Unfortunately the helmet has been painted over in an off-white colour but underneath, light olive green is visible. It has a sharp rim just like the early Brodie helmets and the lugs have been removed. The shape of the rim is bad, not circular.

After reading this thread, it seems to me that I have a similar helmet but leaves me a couple of questions:

- did these helmets exist with a 'sharp' rim.
                          - how did the liner got attached since there's no hole in the dome of the helmet.
                          - could this be a misproduction of the British Mk II helmet

Anyone knows?

Thanks and regards,

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by 2/31st View Post
                            I know Australia supplied helmets to India,but if there is no makers mark on it, it could be South African who also supplied them and South African rarely have makers marks.

Mick
                            All the SA made helmets I have seen have 3 holes along the rear brim.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by JackVee View Post
                              Hi,

I've bought a similar helmet from someone in Germany. Actually I mistook it for an early Dutch model 16 helmet due to the angle of the picture and the shape of the rim. I've asked the seller if he knew anything about it but it was unknown;'it came from an uncle'.

Unfortunately the helmet has been painted over in an off-white colour but underneath, light olive green is visible. It has a sharp rim just like the early Brodie helmets and the lugs have been removed. The shape of the rim is bad, not circular.

After reading this thread, it seems to me that I have a similar helmet but leaves me a couple of questions:

- did these helmets exist with a 'sharp' rim.
                              - how did the liner got attached since there's no hole in the dome of the helmet.
                              - could this be a misproduction of the British Mk II helmet

Anyone knows?

Thanks and regards,

Jack
                              Can you show pictures ? It might be best to start your own thread.

Jerry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X