Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F&S third pattern

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-VTG-c194...item46049f089e

Look at the grip with the text made in england. I would suggest that this is done in a proper way what do you think guys?

In 1976 I bought a simular knife from a company called Hoffritz they were selling them as commeratives and I believe that it had the same markings.The store was located in the mall and sold all types of knives.They are out of business now and I sold the knife at a gun show years ago.

Comment

standard ww2 3rd pattern exported to the us to pay off war debts hence the made in england stamp which is normally just england stamped on the cross guard but you do see the stamp on the grip

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
        standard ww2 3rd pattern exported to the us to pay off war debts hence the made in england stamp which is normally just england stamped on the cross guard but you do see the stamp on the grip
        Yes i know the story behind the pay off war debts to the US but i was pointed at the text it's not only England but MADE IN ENGLAND in a more proper way then you usually see. It's the first time that i see this text on the grip but it seems nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
          Yes i know the story behind the pay off war debts to the US but i was pointed at the text it's not only England but MADE IN ENGLAND in a more proper way then you usually see. It's the first time that i see this text on the grip but it seems nothing special
          This knife looks like an original late war or early post-war 3rd pattern FS knife. The text "made in England" to the sheath as well as the grip make me suspicious, I have never seen this on an original FS knife. Construction however looks all right. Personally I would not buy this one, it simply is not 100% text book and the value for an text book example will be around € 200,=, these FS knives are not too rare, just take your time.

Comment

its a known variant i guess made in england didnt fit on the cross guard
            nothng wrong with the knife its pre 45 value $100??

Comment

Originally posted by Heinrich1945 View Post
              This knife looks like an original late war or early post-war 3rd pattern FS knife. The text "made in England" to the sheath as well as the grip make me suspicious, I have never seen this on an original FS knife. Construction however looks all right. Personally I would not buy this one, it simply is not 100% text book and the value for an text book example will be around € 200,=, these FS knives are not too rare, just take your time.
              I was not going to buy this knife anyway, but mine attention was to show this unusual stamp on the grip that's all Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
                i
                nothng wrong with the knife its pre 45
                I have the same thought

Comment

Originally posted by Heinrich1945 View Post

The "made in england" marking is not a common one but very genuine. I have one thats also B2 marked.
                  As one mentioned maybe done before the more common "england" only marking as the "made in england" might be a to much trouble?
                  As a variation well worth the money! This is mine.

Comment

A late ww2 3rd pattern. The "made in England" in full is not as common as the "England" stamping, however many collectors avoid these marked knives, why I am not entirely sure. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by rvr View Post
                      The "made in england" marking is not a common one but very genuine. I have one thats also B2 marked.
                      As one mentioned maybe done before the more common "england" only marking as the "made in england" might be a to much trouble?
                      As a variation well worth the money! This is mine.
                      Yes indeed it's not common at all it's the first time that i see such a stamp,..... very interested,..... and many thanks for showing your example

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X