Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know the difference between these 2 bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know the difference between these 2 bars?

Who can be of help with these 2 ribbon bars, they look alike but the colors are different. In the photo I have numbered them 1 and 2. The next photo is a soldier with one of these ribbon bars, which do you think it is 1 or 2 (please do not count the stars, just look at the color)? All reactions are appreciated!!
    Attached Files

Hello Heinrich1945.

I don't think that these are two different ribbon bars.
    I think that one is faded through wear or sunlight or a other material.
    The ribbon bars or "batons" are Dutch and represent the oorlogsherrineringskruis met twee gespen (war-memory-cross with two buckles).
    You can find this on this site www.onderscheidingen.nl sheet 4.
    The medal is a Nederlandse Bronzen Kruis 1940 (Dutch bronze cross 1940).

grtz Men of Valor

ps are you also a member on the tommy-talk forum?
    Last edited by men of valor; 06-17-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I don't know a thing about Dutch decorations but I have had some odd experiences trying to match ribbons and finding that different batches, even from the same manufacturer, can look considerably different. The best firms -many of them British and French - take some care to 'get it right' but replacement ribbons in particular often vary in shade from the original specs and, like the originals, can fade in weird and wonderful ways.

Personally, I think it adds to the interest, assuming both batons came from one man, to see the variations. Life comes in different shades too! [Profound or what? ]

Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X