Items to ID and find out about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Items to ID and find out about

I was going through some of my old things (still trying to get my junk sorted out) a few nights ago. I found some things I had forgotten, and don't really remember about them since my stroke.......some German, some U.S.. I would like to know about them, i.e. what exactly are they and what a fair value would be for them, because I know I don't want to keep them all.

However, I think these might be Australian, or used by all the allied airmen in the area.

Ron

The Je Maintiendrai crest is the crest of Holland.
    The papers are written in English and in Indonesia.
    Indonesia was in the second world war a colony of Holland.
    This is a dictionary for airman from Australia,and the US.
    Who crashed down in Indonesia that at that time was occupied by the Japanese.

grtz Men of Valor
    Last edited by men of valor; 06-17-2012, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Although personally, I'm not sure flashing a portrait of the Dutch queen around some jungle village would have been the wisest move! It was, after all, Indonesia where the Brtish actually rearmed some Japanese soldiers to help put down pro-independence activities by Indonesian nationalists in 1945-46.

Nice group of stuff but, sadly, not a lot of commercial value on its own. Attached to a US or Aussie log book, medal group or uniform they would likely bring more than solo, but try googling "WWII ephemera" [paper stuff] on e-bay and see what comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by peter monahan View Post

Nice group of stuff but, sadly, not a lot of commercial value on its own. Attached to a US or Aussie log book, medal group or uniform they would likely bring more than solo, but try googling "WWII ephemera" [paper stuff] on e-bay and see what comes up.
        Thanks Peter......actually I would say you are right. I tried, but found nothing. I did get one other thing with it, but I haven't found it yet. Maybe I will when I can get deeper into sorting the stuff. It was a small pocket book or journal of a U.S. pilot which he used as a diary. He had each of his missions written about in it, and what happened on them. Unfortunately I don't remember his name right now. I also think there might have been a 5th AF patch with them. If and when I find the diary I will post some of it.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X