British patches, help please!

Hallo,
    I need your help about some patches:
    - 3rd Div, Royal Warwikshire Rgt
    - 7th Amd Div
    - Parachute Rgt
    - RAF

(12 pictures attached)

Can you tell me if they are original WW2 manufacturing?

Thank you all!

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

6, the last..
            Attached Files

Comment

I like the 3rd div, I don't like the Jerboa, not wartime and the others I would not like to comment on.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
                I like the 3rd div, I don't like the Jerboa, not wartime and the others I would not like to comment on,.

Jerry
                ... though I don't think the Para wings are wartime

Comment

The Parachute regt shoulder title , printed pegasus an Airborne strip are poor fakes , Regards Michael.

Comment

Hi!
                    thank you for the reply.
                    I thought the Royal Warwickshire patches were original, expecially for the embroiding style of the letters.
                    Why you think the Armoured corps patches are bad? and the jerboa is not wartime?
                    About the para patches: the pegasus is white instead of blue, as wartime were. But Airborne one seems ok. I noted that the wing is white embroided and not light blue, as books say.
                    Can you explain me your idea?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by argan View Post
                      Hi!
                      thank you for the reply.
                      I thought the Royal Warwickshire patches were original, expecially for the embroiding style of the letters.
                      Why you think the Armoured corps patches are bad? and the jerboa is not wartime?
                      About the para patches: the pegasus is white instead of blue, as wartime were. But Airborne one seems ok. I noted that the wing is white embroided and not light blue, as books say.
                      Can you explain me your idea?

Thanks,

Sorry, but I meant I like the 3rd div and the Warwicks patches, I was treating them as one. I did not comment on the RAC titles, just the Jerboa, which does not match the wartime examples IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
                        Sorry, but I meant I like the 3rd div and the Warwicks patches, I was treating them as one. I did not comment on the RAC titles, just the Jerboa, which does not match the wartime examples IMO.
                        Thank you!
                        May I have some "technical" explanations to understand better how to identify an original WW2 british patch?

Thank you!

Comment

Here is a war time Jerboa. There are some other versions, but they don't have black backing fabric, though the Brabant type does, but the backing fabric has a very distinct weave, which I can't see in the pic posted.

Jerry

PS try rotating the pic so it stands upright, as looking at it at a funny angle does not aid viewing IMO.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The weave on the Pegasus patch should be from top left, to bottom right.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike McMenamin View Post
                              The weave on the Pegasus patch should be from top left, to bottom right.

Mike
                              Hallo mike.

I noted the different way oh the way, but are we sure "all" pegasus badges were printed on patches with "top left-bottom right" wave?
                              I mean: if I posted this same patch, but with the wave from top left to bottom right, should it be considered a fake too?
                              I noted that the pegasus seems white instead of light blue, as WW2 examples were: do you think this is another detail for considering it a fake?

I thank you very much!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X