Father and Son Waterloo medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father and Son Waterloo medals

I recently changed my collecting interest and exchanged a group for the two medals to Edward Quin senior and Edward Quin junior of the Royal Artillery Drivers, who I believe are father and son.
    The medals are in very good condition and came with their original ribbons attached to them.
    The thing that I have noticed between the two medals is the small difference in the size of the split ring suspension.
    I know that senior enlisted in March 1803, and Quin junior enlisted Feb 1809. Both men served with H Troop at the Battle of Waterloo.

Having talked to a number of collectors there is a consensus of opinion that the pair could be unique if not very rare.
    Plenty of research to do through the Winter.

Many thanks,
    Gareth
    Attached Files

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

WOW! thanks for sharing, they are really going to interesting to research and father and son makes them very special and in very nice condition, congratulations on a great find, Mark

Comment

Hi Gareth, What a fantastic pair of medals! I have to agree a waterloo father son pair to the same unit would have to be extremely rare If not a one of a kind!

Thank for sharing these beauties

Luke.

Comment

Thank you for the comments.

Gareth

Comment

You would think they would be an extremely rare pair.
                  Nice pick up.

Comment

HI a really super set , any thoughts that they may infact be brothers ???

regards Michael

Comment

How did they survive together for so long?

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
                        The medals came on to the market last year via an auction house prior to that they had never appeared for sale.

Regarding the idea of them being brothers this was discussed on the British medal forum and the consensus of opinion was that they are a pair of medals awarded to a Father and Son.

Many thanks,
                        Gareth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X