One for the Canadian Collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the Canadian Collectors

Sir Daniel Hunter Mcmillan served in the Fenian Raids of 1866, the Red River Expedition of 1870 and the North West Rebellion of 1885. He served as Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba from 1899 to 1911. He was created a KCMG in 1902. I just finished the display with the addition of a court sword and a period Manitoba bison statue. The bison's image is part of our provincial heritage and appears on the province's coat of arms and flag. The warrant for the coat of arms for Manitoba was granted by Edward VII in 1905 while McMillan was Lieutenant Governor. The photograph shows McMillan in his uniform after the award of the KCMG.
    Attached Files

Is that in a public collection?

A lovely Lt. Governor's Uniform. Most of them tucked away for-ever in various Provincial Archives.

I think these went out of use in the 70s I think is was just too expensive to get them made up and women started to become Lt. Governors

There was also one for the PM and members of the Privy-Council think the last time is was used was the First Royal Visit back in 1939.

Comment

Now that's an extreme rarity, and superbly displayed!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
      X