Re apply or leave it alone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re apply or leave it alone??

Hello, i have this 2nd pattern Denison smock. It has had its wings removed, but you can see the outline where they were on the denison. You can just make it out in the photo. The question is, should i re apply them with an original or just leave it alone???

Mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I see no problem in re-applying the wings if you are sure they were originally there and that if you ever sell it you make it clear that this has been done.

I have a similar problem at this time, though not quite the same as you, as a recent pickup arrived today and has clearly been robbed of it's wings. My problem is the wings will cost more than the BD cost.

Jerry
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bond; 05-03-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Hi,

in both cases I would replace the jumpwings but only if the replacement is exactly the same size as the original applied one and also if possible use the original stitch holes and periode cotton.

Naturally the garments have been post war 'messed' with but that was already the case when the wings were remoeved or?

Anyway when done nicely and correctly, I would not be bothered at all.

Just my opinion for restoring the nice items.

Comment

Thanks Bond & deejay for the advise. I think i'll just pin some wings over the old stitching. Still looks cool.

Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X