Help with some Crimean/Boer war items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with some Crimean/Boer war items

I come across this little group of items belonging to one family. I was stumped at what the 2 pouches were used for. My thinking is that there is a ammunition pouch and the white pouch has something to do with medical supplies ? Any help is greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Stuart
    Attached Files

White pouch
    Attached Files

Comment

Ammunition pouch ?
      Attached Files

Comment

They both look like housewives to me.

Comment

looks like the chap in the photograph is wearing a QSA medal.
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally a 1st world war casualty medal slip named to E. Sullivan which was most likely his son.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes both Hosewives ( a piece of kit to keep needle thread spare buttons etc ). 1870 is a bit late for Crimean war and too early for Boer war . Still a nice group . Rob
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                They both look like housewives to me.
                Too big, unles you plan knitting.

White - roll for personal items (spoon, razor etc)

Comment

Yes, the white one is for personal items - cutlery, razor, brushes and so on. The other probably the same. The 'housewife' was, as suggested, smaller than these.

Peter

Comment

had some spare time time so i did a bit of research on the condolence slip!very sad but the full details are

Sergeant Edward Sullivan 5481 Cheshire Regiment

and off ancestry.com

<table class="p_resultTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th>Birth Place:</th><td>Jersey, Channel Islands</td></tr><tr><th>Residence:</th><td>Tipton, Staffs</td></tr><tr><th>Death Date:</th><td>3 Feb 1915</td></tr><tr><th>Death Location:</th><td>France & Flanders</td></tr><tr><th>Enlistment Location:</th><td>Dublin</td></tr><tr><th>Rank:</th><td>Sergeant</td></tr><tr><th>Regiment:</th><td>Cheshire Regiment</td></tr><tr><th>Battalion:</th><td>2nd Battalion</td></tr><tr><th>Number:</th><td>5481</td></tr><tr><th>Type of Casualty:</th><td>Killed in action</td></tr><tr><th>Theatre of War:</th><td>Western European Theatre

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Thanks for the research and the replys

Stuart

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X