EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAS Wings - Information & Opinions Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAS Wings - Information & Opinions Please.

Third time trying to post this, so waffle now kept to a minimum. I can't remember the details of these, other than the brass "tropical" issue which I bought about 1980, along with the para wing version.
    The dip wing belongs to one of the Squadrons but I can't remember which, I bought it about 6 years ago, the others were all obtained in the 80's from a friend who'd served in Rhodesia & S. Africa.
    All backings are dark blue / black, other than the largest badge which is green (Australian?)
    The straight wing badge I take to be a fake WWII pattern, it's padded as are all the other thred ones & in this case the backing material has pulled away slightly to reveal a thick green felt core.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The dipped wings are for the territorial squadrons I think.

Comment

I think the dippeed wings are worn by only one of the TA Squadrons, that is 23 SAS. I believe 21 SAS wear the same design as the regular regiment.

Cheers

Paul.

Comment

......o well !!

....all look reproductionto me !! thats a shame ... just a sugestion ..save your money and buy an original wartime one which would set you back £45/£100 better investment and more historical than a representation. Just my opinion of course.Regards
          Steve

Comment

I am not qualified to judge these wings because often it is hard to tell the difference between a reproduction wing and a modern wing.

This is one I got on the last day of Beltring. The condition is rather poor but it still looks like a good example of a WW2 one to me?

Thanks from Jack.

Comment

Reverse.

Comment

Split open showing insides!

Comment

Originally posted by WW1wingman
                  ....all look reproductionto me !! thats a shame ... just a sugestion ..save your money and buy an original wartime one which would set you back £45/£100 better investment and more historical than a representation. Just my opinion of course.Regards
                  Steve
                  No financial loss, as other than one (the apparently genuine & modern dip-wing)these came from a mate. I'm not sure about the badges other than the WWII version being repro - I gave away my copy of Bragg & Turner years ago & have now forgotten exactly what they are, but I think that they're non - rare "modern" jobs, including Australian & the like.
                  If I could find a genuine WWII badge then I'd certainly buy it, but I collect out of interest rather than a desire to buy investments. My interest in SAS badges goes only as far as they form part of the greater themes of British cap badges & Trade / Skill at Arms badges. Wish I had'nt given that Turner & Bragg away.........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X