RFC Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFC Grouping

As I promised in another thread, here is my grouping of my Great Grandfather's which includes Royal Engineers, RFC, CAF, RCAF and COTC stuff.

I hope those who are interested in this sort of thing enjoy this grouping, I have been told it is quite good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Stewart; 07-21-2004, 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling

His Engineers sword, a picture from when he taught at the COTC (UofT I think?) during the Second World War and the little brown book is full of photos from the first world war, including stuff from when he was in the engineers to rfc (including some nice aerial photos).

Hope you like this stuff! =)
    Attached Files

Comment

Is that a Nationale Aeronautique pilot's licence I see?

Comment

I should also add, I have been slowly adding to this group over the last year, as my Grandmother keeps finding more things such as this pin: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=60070

I have no idea if it has anything to do with the military or not though =)

Comment

Originally posted by RKHunter

Is that a Nationale Aeronautique pilot's licence I see?
          Federation Aeronautique Internationale aviators certificate, dated Nov.20th, 1916.

Comment

Chris,
            That is a FANTASTIC family group!
            Roy

Comment

Very nice, Chris.
              Do I see the sweetheart wings that your great-grandfather would have given your great-grandmother down at the bottom? Are the wings RFC or RAF?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeG
                Very nice, Chris.
                Do I see the sweetheart wings that your great-grandfather would have given your great-grandmother down at the bottom? Are the wings RFC or RAF?
                Yes, indeed you do! They are RFC wings.

Comment

I am very envious of your set, Chris! And it is so cool that it is from your great-grandfather! I wish my family had been better about keeping together our Civil War, WW1 and WW2 militaria 'inheritance'.

Comment

I'm quite lucky, and quite honoured that the items were bestowed to me.

Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Very nice display Chris. I wish my family documented our military history more thouroghly, i only have one picture of my grandfather in uniform....

Comment

Do you have any photos of the aircraft your Grandfather flew, perhaps presenting us with clues to him having any confirmed kills?

Steve

Comment

Chris,
                          What a super grouping! The family stuff is always the best. You mentioned that he was in the old CAF. Hope your Grandmother can locate any wings used by the CAF. You did know that the CAF had different wings before they became "Royal" in the 1920's. Groupings like this are my favorites.

Comment

Tony was nice enough to point out that my GreatGrandfather flew a Curtis Jenny. Below is a picture of him in his plane (which actually resided, and may still, in the basement of Central Tech...).

Lee: No CAF stuff yet, I was aware about the CAF as everyone keeps asking if I have any related stuff! It seems rather rare. He is actually wearing his CAF wings in the picture on the Air Engineers certificate.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pic. The Curtis Jenny was a trainer. Do you have any photos of your grandfather in front line aircraft?
                              Steve.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X