• Time
  • Show
Clear All

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Can you tell us more about the type of area where you found these, as it is very interesting for you to find such recent medals with a metal detector!

Comment

Originally posted by Maks351 View Post
          Dug out recently
          Both medals found new home
          Last edited by Maks351; 05-06-2012, 05:29 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Maks351 View Post
            Dug out recently
            Hi, my user name is Seanie. I was renting in Carlow Town many years ago. My house was burgled which at the time was reported to the Gardai. I think it was 1996. I am the owner of the medals you found. I have viewed your photos. I would like to get the medals back if possible. Please reply

Comment

Originally posted by Seanie View Post
              Hi, my user name is Seanie. I was renting in Carlow Town many years ago. My house was burgled which at the time was reported to the Gardai. I think it was 1996. I am the owner of the medals you found. I have viewed your photos. I would like to get the medals back if possible. Please reply
              best thing would be to send Maks351 a pm and see who the buyer was and track them down that way!let us know if you get them back also post your detals here

http://www.britishmedalforum.com/ind...a054e3acf66a6c

they have reunite LOADS of stolen medals with there owners!

Comment

Originally posted by paddywhack View Post
                best thing would be to send Maks351 a pm and see who the buyer was and track them down that way!let us know if you get them back also post your detals here

http://www.britishmedalforum.com/ind...a054e3acf66a6c

they have reunite LOADS of stolen medals with there owners!
                Thanks. Will let you know

Comment

If these are stolen property then they should be returned regardless, otherwise you may be guilty of handling and receiving stolen goods, whether bought in good faith or not.

Comment

The current owner & original recipient have been put in touch and I can verify the authenticity of Seanie's claim.

A suitable resolution is being worked out by the two parties.

Comment

Nice to hear items have been re-united

Comment

let us know the out come!!!!!would like to know how the seller came by these as he refused to say where he got these just that he got them metal detecting which sounds a little bit far fetched!(hope im wrong though!!)

Comment

A mutually acceptable arrangement has been reached whereby neither party loses out. I don't think it would be fair to disclose the exact details without Seanie's consent.

I did not purchase the medals but was able to put him in touch with the buyer.

Comment

All very interesting. Has no one tried to track down the original owner to determine if they are on the market legitimately? Maybe the first buyer has done this it would be good to know to close of this thread properly...

Comment

The original owner is aware & is the original loser of the medals. He is aware and has been involved in the discussions. He has decided on the outcome and is happy that the matter is now resolved, although the original theft is not.

Comment

what are damaged medals like this worth anyway?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X