Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New finds...

Hi all,

I went to Pudsey Arms Fair near Leeds today. The fair was not much good and not many people came through the doors. I did have a nice find though when someone showed me what was inside a bin bag they were holding.

Inside the bag was a Khaki Drill jacket of some description with a Para wing on, a Reconnaissance Corps lanyard, a Recce arm of service strip, sergeant stripe and a medal ribbon. There was also the famous Red Beret inside the bag with a rather nice Recce Corps badge attached. To my amazement the man then produced another Red Beret with a Para Regt. cap badge attached. The man told me that the Recce Corps red beret was the one the man wore at Arnhem and the Para Regt. red beret was the one his brother wore after the war in Palestine. Whether this is true or not I'll never know, but in the mean time I'll share these few items with you.

Is there any possible way of researching this group?

Thanks from Jack.
    PS. The man sold his battledress to another collector a few weeks ago. What a shame to split the group up

Jacket and beret. What type of KD jacket is this?

Comment

Insignia. Para wing, Recce Corps arm of service strip and sergeant stripe.

Comment

Close up of insignia.

Comment

Airborne red beret with Reconnaisance Corps badge.

Comment

Beret detail. The date is 1944.

Comment

Cap badge. But what is it made of? Silver I thought? Worn/polished brass? White metal?

Comment

Medal ribbon and Recce Corps lanyard. I have never seen one of these before. Anyone else?

Comment

Lanyard detail. Nice colours.

Comment

The other beret that came with it - supposedly his brother's.

Comment

Cap badge.

Comment

Has anyone got idea if this guy was 1st or 6th Airborne considering the medal ribbons - 39-45 star and N. Africa? Is it possible to find out?

Cheers from Jack.

Comment

So what happened after you looked into the plastic bag? did you manage to keep a bored but vaguely interested look on your face? Rob
                          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Yup!!

It was difficult though...

Thanks from Jack.

Comment

How much did that little lot cost you then, go on. Spill the beans...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X